Canvas now lets you automatically sync grades with PowerSchool every evening. You can still manually sync grades at any time if you want to, but this way it will automatically happen if you forget. here are the steps:
- Note: You can skip this step if you did it last year and copied the course.
- You have to enable this functionality first, so go to the course you want and click on settings at the bottom of the course menu on the left side.
- Go to the Navigation tab
- Drag “Grade Sync” from the bottom area to the top area. If it is already in the top area, that’s fine. You can also do this by clicking on the vertical ellipse and choosing “Enable”. NOTE: Students will not be able to see Grade Sync even though it is in the upper section.
- “Grade Sync” should appear in your course menu now. Click on it.
- Switch to the “Settings” tab and slide the slider that says, “Nightly Sync” so that it turns green.
That’s it. You’re done.