Pick your device below and click on your browser to see how to turn on (allow) pop-up windows on your device. The only reason we can think of that you might want to do this is for MAPS Testing. When you are finished with the 4 MAPS test you will probably want to turn pop-ups off again.
Apple Laptops: (Safari / Chrome / Firefox)
Windows Laptops & Tablets (Internet Explorer / Chrome / Firefox)
Android Devices: (Chrome / Opera / Firefox / Dolphin )
- From the Safari menu on the menubar choose Preferences.
- Select the Security tab.
- Uncheck Block pop-up windows.
1. While your browser is open, just click on the Chrome menu at the top left of your screen. Next, click Preferences.
2. A new menu box appears. First, click on Under the Hood. Next, click on Content settings.
3. A new menu box appears. First, click Pop-ups on the left side Features list. Then, click the option to Allow all sites to show pop-ups.
4. Close the boxes.
- From the Firefox menu, select Preferences.
- From the Preferences window, choose the Content button and then uncheck Block Pop-up Windows.
Windows Laptops and Surface Tablets
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select “Tools” from the main menu
- Select “Pop-up Blocker” from the Tools menu
- Select “Turn Off Pop-up Blocker” (red arrow)
- Open Google Chrome
- Select “Settings” from the Chrome menu
- Select the “Show advanced settings…” link at the bottom of that page
- Select “Do not allow…” radio button from Pop-ups section
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the orange Firefox button in the top left corner.
- Click Options.
- Click on the Content option in the Options window.
- By default, the “Block pop-up windows” option should be checked. Uncheck this option if it is currently checked
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- in the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button.
- In the “Pop-ups” section, select “Allow all sites to show pop-ups.”
Tap “Safari” in the Settings app and slide the “Block Pop-ups” option to the left to disable the blocker. You’ll need to reload the page before the pop-ups appear.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_8112501_turn-popup-blocker-ipad-safari.html
this video gives a tutorial for the ipad
- Select the “apps” button from the home screen on Android. Click on “Browser” to open the standard Android browser.
- Hit the menu button after the browser opens. Then, select “Settings” when the menu appears.
- Select “Advanced” from the Settings menu. It’s located about halfway down the options list.
- Check the box labelled “Block pop-ups.” This will prevent pop-ups from happening in the browser, even when you travel to a site that normally has them.
- Open the Firefox browser if it isn’t open already.
- Click the Firefox button near the top left of the window; then click “Options” in the list of settings that appears.
- Click the “Content” panel in the “Options” window.
- Click the “Block pop-up windows” option to place a check in the box beside it.
- Click the “OK” button.
- click Menu
- System settings
- Block pop-up windows
- Click on the Menu Button
- In the General tab you shall have a section dedicated to this matter.
- Simply select the “block unwanted pop-ups” option or else and click on OK.