1) Get the import file from the office. They evidently make this file in the Summer, but can access them anytime afterwards to download. Get both middle school and high school in one file. Tab or Comma delimited is fine.
1.5) Open the NDE file in Excel and sort it on the PowerSchool Student_Number column.
2) (use Firefox) In PowerSchool select all students and do a quick export of these fields (you can copy and paste this list):
3) In the PowerSchool Export do a VLOOKUP on the NDE file to find the State_StudentNumber.
=VLOOKUP($B2&$C2,'[6th Grade Unique ID”s.xlsx]Sheet1′!$C$2:$D$75,2,FALSE)
4) Compare the number for existing students with the new numbers, then delete all of the columns except Student_Number and State_StudentNumber and save as a Tab delimited document then close that document.
5) Import it back into Powerschool using this link: